In 1952, Abe and Eve Crittenden created a philosophy to share the enchanted place that is Plantation and transformed it into a summer farm camp for children. This vision, which continues today, was to create a community where people could live in peace with each other and nature, while having fun and building strong relationships. In 1971 Abe and Eve transitioned the directorship to David and Ginny Crittenden who lived at Plantation with their three children for several years.
In 1985, David and Suzanne Brown purchased Plantation and directed Plantation Farm Camp for 19 years. They carried Abe and Eve's vision into the 21st century, while maintaining the history and traditions that make Plantation special.
In 2004, David and Suzanne passed the torch to John Chakan and Kelly Marston, who honored the generations that came before them by continuing and growing the traditions and programs for the past decade.
In the fall of 2013, David and Suzanne met with their longtime friends from camping, Scott and Don Whipple, and decided to partner with them in running Plantation Farm Camp. In 2014 they brought on Alex Yost to run the camp office and Chris Corrigan to direct the program in the summers, adding Kara Giacinto in 2016 to complete the current team of directors.